Monday, April 23, 2012

Vacation Part 2: Hilton Head Island, SC and Tybee Island, GA

It's the Beach Post!  This... is the failure part of my vacation.  I only got a handful of good beach pictures!  On Hilton Head, I accidentally had my ISO (light sensitivity) set too high and (stupid mistake) I had my sunglasses on, so all my pictures were too bright. 



They all turned out just like these!  For any new photographers: DO NOT EVER wear sunglasses while taking a picture, especially one that you can't go back and take again.  I don't know if I'll ever have another chance to go to Hilton Head. :(

Oh well.  I did get a few good pictures:



Hilton Head Island, SC, is a beautiful place.  I would definitely go back again... and again and again!  It is the cleanest, most beautiful, immaculate beach I've ever been to!
I did get these pictures with my iPod:

(They're not the best quality... just ignore it)

There's a water park-ish thing right at the entrance to the beach:

And public showers, restrooms, foot-washing stations, swings, benches, water fountains, and a darling little boardwalk!

It's just beautiful. :)

Since I messed up all the other pictures, I thought I'd just make this the beach post.  We also went to Tybee Island, GA.  It was pretty... but it wasn't Hilton Head.  We also went at night, and got eaten alive by mosquitoes!  Oh, I hate them!

But there was a beautiful sunset (and a cool fishing pier):

And waves:

I miss the beach...

*sigh* More vacation pictures to come!  Have a good day, y'all!

4 comments:

mary ann said... [Reply]

I've had the same problem wearing sunglasses while I take pictures outside... but I really like the ones you did get! Looks like lots of fun :)

Brooke said... [Reply]

Thanks, Maryann! You're always so sweet. :)

Sam said... [Reply]

Is that last picture of you..? It's not typical that the photographer has a picture of him/herself. I'm glad I don't like pictures of myself, so it's not a big deal for me!

Brooke said... [Reply]

Oh no, that's my sister Bekah. I don't like pictures of myself either!

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. It makes my day when someone posts a nice comment. So, by all means, please comment!
But, be sure to post "whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable." (Philippians 4:8) Make your comments pleasing to God!

Thank you!